Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mortician's Appreciation Day

March 11 is National Funeral Director and Mortician's Appreciation Day. What better date is there to actually start up my Mortician Girl blog? I've only been playing with this idea for several months. I go back and forth wondering if I have enough to say or if it's ethical to tell the stories I want to. I've decided that I have many things rolling around in my head that I would like to share with the world. In America, we live holding steadfast to the idea that we will never age or die.(I, in fact, know that I will die but am convinced that I will be among the generation that figures out how to fight the aging process.) This leaves people feeling that talking about death is a taboo. Well, for all taboos, death included, take comfort in the thought that the internet exists. Nothing is taboo on the World Wide Web. So, with that in mind, I am about to create another place to offer an open forum of thought and discussion about death.
Hello. I am Mortician Girl. I am a young female Funeral Director in the Midwest of the United States. I have things to say, opinions to spout out, etiquette to teach, history to explore, links to share and information to expand on. I would like to give a new face to today's Mortician. We are no longer grumpy, tall, old men in top hats. I am young and cheery and extremely feminine. I am Mortician Girl. Welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment