Thursday, March 14, 2013

About the name MorticianGirl



Mortician Girl was not a name made up for blogger use. I didn’t come up with it on the spot because I needed a catchy Facebook title for my new persona.  This name came about while I was in school for my Mortuary Science degree and became pretty permanent by the time I had been hired on as a full-fledged Director.

I was raised with a healthy dose of Disney and Superheroes and much of my personality has been affected by that. Besides a desperate desire to be Jasmine, I also am a fan of the entire basis that superheroes are derived from. I view people in my life who have made a major difference in the world and who are always around when needed as being my own personal superheroes. The Morticians who are a part of DMORT (Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team) are, in my eyes, superheroes – real ones. I have every intention of joining that team one day. I have every desire to be someone’s superhero. During a discussion about DMORT my partner and I decided that my Superhero identity would be MorticianGirl




Learn more about DMORT here

No comments:

Post a Comment